We have a group of adult performers who stage short and full length plays for children of different age groups.
Creative workshops for children, teachers and parents are an important part of our effort to engage children and their community with the theatre arts. These have been conducted at Cathedral School, Teach for India, Akshara High School, Prithvi Theatre, Rangashankara Bangalore, Evam Chennai, Mallya Aditi School Bangalore, NCPA and Junoon among other institutions. The workshops have covered a range of aspects related to theatre and theatre arts including puppetry, movement, creative writing, etc. Teachers' workshops have included curriculum planning, using drama in the classroom, teaching methodologies, developing learning-teaching assessment frameworks and so on.
Gillo is a member of ASSITEJ India (International Association of Theatre for Children and Young People) and a partner with Junoon (A Stage for Theatre).
WORK AT A GLANCE - 2010 to 2015
Performance languages Hindi, English, Bangla, Urdu, Marathi
Audience reached 35000+
Workshop participants 1200+
Schools connected with through performances and workshops 35+
Performed across India Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kolkata, New Delhi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Santiniketan, Bhopal, Patna, Ahmedabad, Ahmednagar District, Mysore, Dharwad, Heggodu, etc.
CORE ASPECTS OF OUR WORK
- Developing and showcasing original Indian content.
- Providing children an experience that is interactive and fun and at the same time an experience that sensitizes them in cultural values.
- As children at different ages learn and behave differently, we design our plays and performances keeping their age-specific needs. So the content development has a pedagogical approach.
- Establishing a repertory of adult performers who perform exclusively for children and young people (between 2 yrs and 18 yrs).
- Creating a wider audience base across sections of society by taking our performances to multiple venues across India.
- Making theatre more accessible to children by taking the performances to their schools.
- Developing value for performing arts with theatre.
- Working in formal and non-formal alternate spaces.
- Working with schools and community groups who seek to engage with young people .
Taoos Chaman Ki Myna
Gulabo aur Parizaad
Hanuman Ki Ramayan
Mister Jeejeebhoy and the Birds
Catch That Crocodile!